Sunday, March 6, 2011

In the Kitchen - Sunday Brunch

This weekend I decided to do something different for brunch. In addition to our usual eggs and bacon meal, my boyfriend suggested biscuits and gravy, and since I'd never had it before, I took the challenge. I made everything from scratch and...voila!



Although this might be a very popular breakfast dish in many households, and especially in the South, it was a completely new experience to me, so I wanted to share the recipe :)
Ingredients:
1 package buttermilk biscuit mix (I used Bisquick)
2 Italian sausages - the spicy ones give the gravy a nice kick!
1/2 cup diced white onion
1/2 tsp minced garlic (2 cloves)
3 sprigs chopped parsley
4 tbsp white flour
4 cups milk
salt and pepper to season
Preparation:
In a large skillet, saute the onions and garlic till slightly crispy and add the sausage to brown as well. In the meantime, follow the package directions to get the biscuits started. While they're baking in the oven, mix the milk, pepper, salt and flour in a bowl and whisk. Once the sausage is done, keep whisking the mixture as you pour it into the skillet. Turn the heat up to high and keep stirring the gravy until it starts to bubble. Turn the heat down to medium, add the parsley and continue cooking and stirring until the gravy thickens - it only takes a few minutes. The biscuits should also be ready around the same time.

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...